The flow dropped again this afternoon to 4,200 cfs from 5,087. Generally it takes a day for the fish to adjust so we usually wait a day to go fishing. Then there was a day a couple of years ago in October when we were on the the river when it dropped and we still did well so you never know.
A little overcast and rain would be nice to help the hatches out but that is not in the immediate forecast. In the meantime still fish mahogany duns and small parachutes in the riffles even if you don’t see any hatches or fish rising. I like to keep fishing chernobyls until the fall weather cools and the fish quite taking them. Streamers have been the best early in the morning and again when the shadows fall in the late afternoon till dark.